Friday, August 22, 2008

The language

So some people have been wondering how I´m progressing at the language. To be honest, I think its going pretty well. I´m able to make myself known and to hold conversations in Spanish. A good (kind of crazy) example is from last night. My host father came in shouting that there was a zorra in the front yard. I ran out expecting to see a fox, but instead found it was an opposum. This lead to a discussion where I explained to my little brother (who´s 17) that opossums are related to kangaroos, and a description of a platypus. I was understood if not necessarily believed.

1 comment:

Gina said...

So glad to hear your Spanish is going well. I knew you could do it! And that is so Josh of you to go into the link between oppossums and kangaroos. The walking encyclopedia. ;) Very impressed that you were able to explain all that in Spanish. I don't think I'd be able to do it in French. Way to go, hun!