Friday, September 5, 2008

Pics from our First Site Visit.

Last week we had our first visit to a volunteers site. I got to visit a volunteer near Bocas del Toro who is leaving in October. The site was amazing with a white sand beach within 10 minutes walk from her house. This is not my future site, but it was my first taste of the Peace Corps lifestyle.
From left to right: Andrea, Ryan, Jesse, and Joe. We were visiting Joe´s house in Bocas del Torro.


A Ngobe girl. For some reason, the Ngobes never smile in photographs.

A composting latrine similar to the ones I may be building. We worked on this one during my visit.


The house of the volunteer with whom I stayed.



Cute Ngobe kids on the beach.





On the beach near the Bocas del Torro region.












2 comments:

Home on the Palisades said...

Looks beautiful! Very interesting compoting latrine. how does it work?
By the way, I mailed one pair of chacos today. They should arrive (if they arrive!)in about 10 days or so.

Gina said...

You need to create a photo website because I'm sure you're taking alot more than what you have up on your blog. Would love to see the rest of the pics you've taken.